One year is coming to a close and another is opening up. I look forward to new opportunities for all good things to come.
In 2013, I made a few resolutions, some of which I succeeded in keeping:
- Go to the gym once-a-week when I’m not volunteering: Maintained for 6 months.
- Write in a journal daily: Maintained (or went back to complete) for 9 months … until I lost it. (This is 6 months longer than all past attempts.)
- Found the journal in month 11 behind some overgrown dust bunnies … and still haven’t gotten back in the swing of it.
- Eat more fruits and veggies: Which I do better when they are in season with an abundant garden out back.
- Read 95 books in 2013: Read 100. (I’m hoping that 5% helps to bolster some that weren’t so good.)
- Finish: scrapbooking through 2010: Done!
- One blog for each day of 2013. Done!
In 2014, my resolutions are about the same. There are a few additions:
- Find joy in everyday … even if it’s a cat antic or eating a fresh raspberry.
- Get a 2014 journal and don’t lose it … while actually writing in it daily (or near so) for one year.
- Start and finish scrapbooking 2011, and perhaps some of 2012.
- Drink more tea and less soda pop.
- Blog at least weekly. (Daily was too stressful, hence bullet #1 for 2014.)
What are your plans for 2014? What were your successes for 2013?
Praying you have a good year, and that health and happiness are in you every step of the way.