Traveling for work, I have priorities for hotels. Here’s a list:
- Pillows! Lots and lots and lots of soft pillows
- A door that shuts ALL of the way with good locks
- Bed (without bed bugs)
- TV with some good channels (often they have too much sports stuff)
- Outlets for charging my phone so it will be on for the alarm to work
- Fridge to keep my drinks cool
- Microwave to pop Pop Secret Homestyle popcorn
- An ice machine nearby (but not too nearby to be noisy)
- and other stuff comes next
So many wants! In the end, numbers 1-3 are integral. The rest is icing on the cake.
Hmmm…. cake? A nice cake with buttercream frosting would be a good idea in most hotel rooms.
Moral of the Story: As my mom says, “It’s nice to have wants, but you don’t have to have everything you wants.”