I am a list person. I get more done when I make lists and have the pleasure of checking things off. Granted, I also need the lists because I am forgetful. Without lists or notes, I don’t function well.
When I travel for work and stay in a hotel, I make lists for my evenings alone:
- Paint my nails
- Clean the unnecessary 5 pounds out of my purse
- Completely finish one whole magazine (I devour books, but magazines stump me)
- Call friends I don’t call enough
- Catch up on old e-mail (IF I can get the internet to work through the hotel)
- Catch up on editing photos
- Catch up on …
In the end, this is the list I usually achieve:
- Sometimes I paint my nails
- I usually catch up on current e-mail
- I watch tv while drinking tea
Yep, that’s about it. Good thing my lists work better at home!
Moral of the Story: It’s good to make plans, but don’t worry the world away if they don’t always come to fruition.