This is a unique skill I have come to possess. Over time, I find new ways to accrue library fines. The latest, my best yet! And I deserve EVERY penny!
- Reserve and pickup multiple DVDs from the local library.
- Watch videos.
- Collect boxes of DVDs that you’ve picked up from the library and return them to the library.
- Notice that you are now fined because one wasn’t returned.
- Determine the one in question is still in the DVD player.
- Take the DVD that has no box to the library and explain that the box was already returned.
- Library calls you, “We don’t find the box. Are you sure you returned it?”
- Reply, “Of course, the same day as the others.”
- Library, “We’ll keep looking.”
- Two days later, clean behind TV because company is coming.
- Oops! There’s the DVD box.
- Return box after hours with a note of apology in the box.
Moral of the Story: This is how you spend $2.00 extra that’s not in your budget.